The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] ST4000+ starts hunting at higher cruising speeds
07-23-18, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-18 08:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] ST4000+ starts hunting at higher cruising speeds
I am brand new to the Forum but have an old Autohelm that came with a cruising sailboat we purchased two years ago. (38 feet)
After calibrating the compass with <5* of variance I was excited to get the vessel moving forward in calm seas up to her cruising speed of 6.5 knots.
Between 3 and 4 knots of making way the pilot held fine with the drive making slight adjustments. When I reached 5.5 knots the boat starts veering starboard/comes back to port past centre/continues to port then comes all theway back again. At this point I need to take control back and put into Standby mode.
Reading the manual many times I have played with rudder gain (left it at 6) and also made sure there was no metal objects close to the compass.
Any thoughts?
I am crossing my fingers there is a command fix for this.
Cheers.
Greg McKenzie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] ST4000+ starts hunting at higher cruising speeds - Greg McKenzie - 07-23-18 06:31 PM