Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] EV-100 / Low battery
08-12-18, 07:51 PM
RE: EV-100 / Low battery
Hi Andreas,

When you press Auto, the pilot 'locks' the heading that you were on at time, but won't start to make course corrections until there's a difference between the current and locked heading values. It sounds to me as if the delay you're seeing is when the pilot is not making a course correction, but once it does, the current peaks, dips the supply voltage at some point in the system and then you get the alarm.

The thing to disconnect is the wheeldrive, not rudder position sensor. I'd disconnect the two wires at the Motor terminals on the ACU100, to see whether/how that changes the symptom. Of course that's not going to fix the pilot, but if the alarm goes away (and is replaced by a Drive Stopped, Motor Stalled or Off Course alarm instead), then that suggests that the trigger for the Low Battery alarm really is the load drawn by the drive. Leaving the wheeldrive connected to the motor terminals on the ACU100 but leaving the wheeldrive's clutch disengaged would be another, subsequent test I'd do.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
EV-100 / Low battery - Andreas1 - 07-27-18, 01:03 AM
RE: EV-100 / Low battery - Andreas1 - 07-31-18, 08:14 AM
RE: EV-100 / Low battery - Andreas1 - 07-31-18, 10:42 AM
RE: EV-100 / Low battery - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-12-18 07:51 PM