Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
07-27-18, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-18 02:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mark,

Q1) can the existing rudder reference sender and display be used with the new ev 200 system as I would very much like to retain the rudder indicator visual display
A1. Yes

Q2a) can the st60 depth display be equally used and presumably data be displayed on the new monitors?
A2a. Yes. Raymarine offers the E22158 SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng Converter kit to support interfacing compatible legacy products having a SeaTalk communications interface (i.e. ST60 Depth) to the system's SeaTalkng backbone. The ST-STng Converter acts as a data bridge between the legacy and currently manufactured products.

Q2b) both depth display and rudder reference are presently connected using a seatalk hub. I have also purchased the Seatalk to Seatalk ng converter kit to use if necessary.
A2. See the response to Q2a. The rudder reference transducer would typically be removed from the ST60 Rudder and would instead be interfaced to the rudder transducer terminals of the ACU-200. The ST60 Rudder will repeat rudder angle data received from the autopilot.

Q3) Is it possible to connect the existing floscan fuel useage display and seperate GPS antenna that are presently wired to the nmea00183 connections on the main SL70 power harness and not into the seatalk connectors?
A3. It would typically be recommended that the Port 1 NMEA 0183 leads of the Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cable of either of the MFDs be used to supply the fuel monitor display with GPS data in support of its calculations. Alternatively, should your fuel monitoring equipment feature a NMEA 2000 communications interface, then you may want to consider interfacing the equipment to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone

Q4)The system is being installed in a 42 flybridge so any preference where the the ev200 core sensor is located with respect to position to waterline and forward or stern of the boat. Ie higher or lower and more forward or stern?
A4. Please see the recommendations within Chapter 3.8 Selecting a location of the Evolution EV-1 and ACU Installation Instructions. Low, midships, and centerline (approx.) will yield best results (assuming no excessive magnetic deviations occurs)

Q5) I plan to install the ev sensor away from any wiring and metal etc in a cupboard below decks then connect to the actuator in the large stern engine room closer to hydraulic motor is this preferable? Any recommendations on maximum spur cable lenth?
A5. This subject is also addressed within Chapter 3.8 Selecting a location of the Evolution EV-1 and ACU Installation Instructions. Your suggested location may be satisfactory. Pay particular heed to the recommendations about excessive heat and/or fuel vapors. Maximum spur length is 6m. If a longer length is required, then the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone will need to be extended to permit use of a shorter spur cable.

Q6) I would like to share all information across both e127 screens so do I need to bring in the HD radar into a the HS5 hub then connect to both mfd’s via the hub or can the radar be plugged directly into one of the mfd’s and networked with the 2 nd screen using the HS connections
A6. As long as both MFDs will be switched ON whenever the system is in use, a network switch will not be required.

Q7) I have a B45 thru hull transducer that was used with a fishfinder can this be used with the ESeries and if compatible how is it connected to the system. If not what transducer is recommended?
A7. The B45 was produced in several variations to address the needs of specific marine electronics manufacturers and the fishfinder and/or instruments which they produced. Please respond with a photo of the identification tag affixed to the plug end of the transducer's cable. The photo should clearly show all information which is printed on the transducer's tag.

Q8) Does Raymarine have a tech with a good sense of humour near Lake Winnipesauki that can eventually bail me out when I am banging my head on the deck trying to install by myself!!
A8. The equipment if fairly easy to install for someone with basic mechanical / homeowner skills and basic electrical skills. Naturally, we're available via this Forum and via phone (800.539.5539) to offer support. Unfortunately, most Raymarine installers are located on the coast. I believe that Navtronics will travel to the Lakes Region for installations.

I too am a Lake Winnipesaukee boater. If you see an extremely over-accessorized (with respect to Raymarine electronics) 22' Stingray deck boat out on The Big Lake, it's very likely me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-27-18 02:11 PM