Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
07-30-18, 10:51 AM
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
Hi Chuck
Thank you for getting back so quickly. We are at the lake today looks lowest water levels at this time of year I have ever seen.

1) Great info on lake nav thanks I could retain the ol faithful until we leave that would also be an option. I was kind if sad to disconnect the radar snd start changing over after all the years of flawless service!
2)You mention recommending fitting a rudder feedback transducer by this do you mean the transducer that I presently have installed connected to the rudder arm and sending information back to the ST60 helm indicator.
I installed this many years ago it works really well especially for close quarter nav and compensating rudder angle. The EV kit came with another transducer arm and I thought of just mounting this in tandem with the existing to connect to the actuator and just keeping the existing one and its Seatalk system seperate. However if the existing transducer will do the job and as you mentioned before repeat to the St60 Guage then all the better just install the Seatalk to Seatalkng kit that I have.
I have a great place to mount the ev sensor then that is on or just below the waterline many thanks.
3) The transducer I purchased from Airmar I believe and it was connected to an old L760 monitor.... that also worked flawlessly!... I just used it for rock dodging and bottom profiles.
I havnt checked yet to see if this could be plugged directly into the E127
5) The guys at the gas dock always get a kick when I tell them how much fuel down to the 10th of a gallon it will take to fill the boat!
I had contacted mercruiser a couple years ago and they told me that my engines were smartcraft ready but not connected to anything from that respect. They also make a transducer to allow engine data to be displayed so this is definately something I need to further investigate thanks for pointing this out!

It looks like some stunning places to visit on the Northern route. Being an Engineer I am really interested to see those old locks such as “The Big Chute” built all that many years ago and still fuctioning perfectly. Sadly I think next year will be our last yeiar on the lake before we leave for our trip. Fascinating with the new technology plus additions such as “Active Captain”... now sold to Garmin I think.. we can preplan and practically travel the route from our armchairs! Incredible.
Very best
Mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s - markdd3880 - 07-30-18 10:51 AM