Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
08-11-18, 07:45 PM
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
Hi Chuck
I am hoping you are still on this thread.
I am presently installing the ev200, hd radar and twin E127s
Couple wuestions on the install if I may.
1) Do I need to put a manual on/ off switch between the breaker and the power battery cable connection to both the radar and the autopilot actuator to “ switch them on” or do they get switched on by using the radar on the E127 and the p70 control head for the autopilot actuator. In other words do I arrange to switch them on and off manually or are they energised on use by the system?

2) I am Bringing the radar into the ES5 switch then planned to connect both e127 units to the same ES5. I purchased the sonar adapter cable as you suggested so is this plugged into one if the screens directly or through the Es5 also?

3)unfortunately unable to use Fox Marine gateways as Allen does not have the units for the PCM 555 ecms. However he is working on them presently. I may have to go with the mercruiser gateway which has a single nmea 2000 output connection. I presume this would be connected into our NG backbone using an adaper cable?

If you spot a very over accessorized Regal 3880 doing endless circles in the lake this week you know I got it wrong!
Very best
Mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s - markdd3880 - 08-11-18 07:45 PM