Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
08-13-18, 10:52 AM
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
Mark,

Please excuse the delay in this response, as I was at the lake last week ... didn't see any vessels acting any more oddly than they typically do ... LOL!

Q1) Do I need to put a manual on/ off switch between the breaker and the power battery cable connection to both the radar and the autopilot actuator to “ switch them on” or do they get switched on by using the radar on the E127 and the p70 control head for the autopilot actuator. In other words do I arrange to switch them on and off manually or are they energised on use by the system?
A1) You will need to put a manual on/off switch between the breaker and the power battery cable connection to both the radar and the autopilot actuator, as neither the autopilot control head nor the MFD are control the power state of these devices.

Q2a) I am ringing the radar into the ES5 switch then planned to connect both e127 units to the same ES5.
A2a) I assume that you mean that the Digital Radar Cable has been connected to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. If so, then this is indeed correct.

Q2b) I purchased the sonar adapter cable as you suggested so is this plugged into one if the screens directly or through the Es5 also?
A2b) The E66066 transducer adapter cable will be mated to the Transducer socket of either one of the e127 MFDs. The other end of this adapter will be mated to the transducer cable's plug.

Q3)unfortunately unable to use Fox Marine gateways as Allen does not have the units for the PCM 555 ecms. However he is working on them presently. I may have to go with the mercruiser gateway which has a single nmea 2000 output connection. I presume this would be connected into our NG backbone using an adaper cable?
A3) It's good to learn that Allen is planning more applications for his engine gateways. I believe that you will find that the NMEA 2000 side of the SmartCraft to NMEA 2000 Engine Gateway has been terminated with a DeviceNet (M) plug. If so, then it may be adapted (A06075 1m DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng Adapter) to be mated to a spur socket within the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which has been constructed using SeaTalkng networking components.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-13-18 10:52 AM