Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
08-13-18, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-18 02:18 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
Mark,

Q1)Yes the Radar is plugged into the ES5 so if the depth transducer is plugged into one of the mfd’s will the depth info be avaiable on both screens?
A1) As long as the MFD having the transducer plugged into its Transducer socket is switched ON, then each MFD would then have access to fishfinder imagery and depth data. Should that MFD be switched OFF, then the other MFD would loose access to fishfinder imagery and depth data.

Q2)Likewise do I need to plug a spur cable from the backbone running the AP into both screens or just one and it will be shared?
A2) The answer to your question depends upon whether you intend to have both MFDs switched ON when operating the system if so, then only one MFD need be interfaced to the backbone and this MFD will be designed as the system's Data Master MFD. If not, then both MFDs should be interfaced to the backbone, permitting either MFD to be designated as the system's Data Master MFD. In the case of the latter, it would also be recommended that the DSM300 be retained and interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. The transducer would then be connected to the DSM300 MFD rather than to the transducer socket of one of the MFDs. The latter option also provides the system with an added level of redundancy.

Q3)Is it preferable to switch the power on to the backbone independantly so that it can be used by both the chartplotter and the AP even if one of them is off.? For example I cant think of an instance where I would use the AP without the chartplotter being on but I can see using the chartplotter without needing the AP being on. So either switch it on with the Chartplotter switching or switch it on as a standalone? As it is fued at 5 amps
I am thinking it would be better to make it standalone.
A3) Yes. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing recommendations for setting up circuits to power the marine electronics.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-13-18 02:17 PM