Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
08-20-18, 08:31 AM
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
Mark,

Q1. Have gone with the Newmar Navpacs splitting power components between 2 they give a toal of 40 amps I would hope that would be enough! The only point I cant figure is whether the power from each navpac is “ suplemental” power ie the pac adds power to bring up the voltage or is it total supplied power ie the pac shuts off the source on voltage drop detection then provides the total power to the devices protected..... apologies maybe I should be asking Newmar about this one?
A1. Indeed, I would recommend that Newmar be contacted for specifics on the NavPacs.

Q2. Just to go back to the external GPs I understand not available for connection to the HS5 but what about one connecting to the STng backbone? Probably a little more expensive than the actisense but one less component to go wrong. If so what would you recomend for this set up?
A2. Which make/model of GPS Sensor is installed onboard? If the GPS sensor is a Raystar 125 GPS Sensor or is the SeaTalk version of the Raystar 120 GPS Sensor, then it would be possible to install an E22158 SeaTalk1 & SeaTalkng Converter Kit within the backbone to permit bridging GPS data from these GPS Sensor's to the SeaTalkng backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-20-18 08:31 AM