Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
08-20-18, 11:55 AM
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
Hi Chuck
1) The GPS antenna is a Dugital Yachts Dual so has access to both gos and glonass and its hard wired into the existing Sl 70 via the nmea 0183 wire on the power supply cable. So I could either connect this via an actisense module or hardwire into the power supply cable of the E127
However it would be good to have a Raymarine gps Dual if poss) that plugs straight into the backbone.
2) Apologies for diversifying but it does have to do with the same network! ...... so this morning I find my ST60 depth indicator to be faulty( I connected up to a borrowed P79 to test it wasnt the transducer/cable)
So this raises several questions.... we were of course planning to connect the existing Seatalk network to the new STng back bone via the converter setup so presumably the St60 would have sent depth data to the displays. However now we have the Airmar through hull sounder connected to the DSM 300 that is in turn connected to the STng back bone ( while still not fully connected and working as I have had to virtually rewire the helm to install all the components properly!!!)So...... is it actually worth replacing/ repairing the ST60 and ignoring its old in Hull p79 as I am sure the DSM would take preference on the new network? I could then add an updated depth display because as of you know its essential to monitor depth here on the lake.
That means no depth reading for a while untill I get the mfds up and running but at the same time I could send the ST60 to Nasua for repair if they still do this??? Could be a stand aline back up ?

I just want to take a moment to thank you guys for all the back up we recieve because us waterborn warriors would be struggling to keep up with this stuff without guidance!!! Doing this project I have read extensively on the Raymarine forum and it has to be one of the greatest assets to the company. Great job guys!
Best
Mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s - markdd3880 - 08-20-18 11:55 AM