Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
07-26-19, 08:24 AM
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s
Mark,

Q1) are there firmware updates that cannot be applied by wifi connection with the MFD and can only be performed by downloading to a micro sd card then put into the mfd?
A1) Indeed, it appears so. It is quite possible that the system is looking at the list of software updates which were included with the LightHouse II v19.03 compressed folder. The contents of this compressed folder has not been maintained since the retirement of LightHouse II software. However, one may compare the currently installed version of software within each product to that listed on the respective product's web page and if found to not be current, then the corresponding software update file may be downloaded from the product's software update web page, copied/extracted to a microSD memory card, inserted into the memory card reader of the Data Master MFD, and then used to update the product. The software update files for multiple products may be copied to the root level directory of a microSD memory card.

Q2) when I factory reset the autopilot from the P70Rs does that reset both the ACU and the EV 200 combined? Ie “autopilot factory reset”
A2. The is a difference between a Factory Reset to a p70/p70R/p70S/p70RS autopilot control head and a Pilot Factory Reset. The latter will reset the ACU and EV-1/2 settings. The former will reset only the autopilot control head's settings. While it shouldn't make a difference, I typically will perform the Pilot Factory Reset before performing the Factory Reset to the autopilot's control head.

Q3) If so I would assume the order of reset would be first the autopilot reset( acu and ev200) followed by the P70Rs?
A3. See the response to Q2.

Q4) I have tried 4 locations now for the ev 200 and cant get deviation less than 19 degrees???one location was midships more or less water line at least 5 feet from machinery etc ..... which is difficult!!!
A4) Depending upon the equipment installed onboard and the design of the vessel, some vessels can indeed be a challenge to locate a satisfactory installation location. The keys to locating a satisfactory installation location are that it permit the sensor to be located reasonably close to the centerline and that magnetic influences be minimized ... after all and like most vessel compasses, the EV-1/2 CCUs are magnetic north seeking devices.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from SL70 to ev200 and E127’s - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-26-19 08:24 AM