Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] reboot problem
07-29-18, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-18 03:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] reboot problem
Today I was running in dense fog heading to port. I was running radar, MFD, VHF, the internal sonar on my c127. During the run in the MFD dropped out of service back to the blue screen and rebooted. This happened three times. I got a popup stating "off/ not connected." I recall this was in reference to the Quantum radar.I would mess with the power tab and eventually get the radar and other functions going. I had been out on the water for several hours before this happened, hard to believe it might be battery issue. I was running at 20kts in 3-4' seas at the time. Your thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-18, 03:30 PM
RE: [CA11] reboot problem
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sallysea,

Please produce and respond with the Diagnostics...html file from your system. Based upon the reported speed can I safely assume that the vessel in question is a powerboat? Finally, what type of cartography (LightHouse, Navionics, or C-Map) are you using with the MFD?
07-31-18, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-18 08:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I will have to get the file tomorrow when I am at the boat. What I can tell you now is that it is a powerboat. I have Navionics+ software. This morning I reached your tech folks and they suggested the following: Setup to diagnostics to select device. When I clicked on select device, the device screen would appear blank momentarily, then the MFD would reboot. It does come back on line in a few minutes. I tried select device four times. All four times the unit rebooted to the blue screen. I hope you have a suggestion in early a.m. Thank you for your time.
08-01-18, 09:07 AM
Sallysea,

Please note that leaving the Sonar Logging feature on for extended periods of time may cause the reported symptom and would be recommended that the system be tested after configuring this feature OFF. Should the problem persist, then I would recommend removing the chart card and then determining how the MFD responds to attempts to view the Select Device List. Should the symptoms persist when no microSD memory cards are inserted within the MFD's memory card reader, then it would be recommended that your waypoint, track, and track data be backed up to a microSD memory card and that a System & Data Reset (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->SYSTEM & DATA RESET) then be commanded. Should the problem persist thereafter and the MFD be operating with a version of software other than LightHouse II v19.03, then it would be recommended that the MFD's software be updated to address the reported issue. Should the MFD already have been updated with LightHouse II v19.03 software and should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
08-04-18, 11:20 PM
Did the system and data reset and still had issues with the device selection. I took the boat fishing today and was on the water for 5 hours and did not have one reboot. I can't explain the conflict in software but unless it comes up again, I will assume the problem is fixed. Thank you for your guidance. My warranty is good until January, if it happens again, I will send the unit in at the end of the season.
08-05-18, 06:37 AM
You're welcome.
08-05-18, 02:03 PM
May not be your issue...But if I had a dollar for this resulting from power dropping unexpectedly....

I would add that if the "house battery" is not isolated, starting outboard(s) with the unit on can wreak havoc on the head units.

Usually this happens after drifting ON BATTERIES ONLY then starting the motors in parallel with the electronics...or in the morning starting the motors with the electronics already on...enough times, and my experience results in the necessity too do master resets. My understanding is that the files, within the plotter, get caught up trying to begin where they get cut off due to power cycling unexpectedly. Enough of those and broken file after broken file, it just isn't a good practice.

Just a thought to ponder for others.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-13-18, 10:33 AM
Oregoncme,

Thanks for the additional comments.