Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Airmar UDST800
07-24-18, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-18 02:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Airmar UDST800
I was hoping to use my new Airmar UDST800 to replace the existing DST800 used on my boat with the A70 display. This is a NMEA2000 interface ... however I'm not sure this is supported as it is not configurable as a source on the i70 instrument (it does display under Devices Found as an "25-1110-01,HW3:14,OEM0" on the unit.). Can this work? Do i need to upgrade to an Axiom from the legacy A10? Please advise.

Thank you,
Jim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-18, 03:22 PM
RE: [CA11] Airmar UDST800
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jim,

Please excuse this late response. Like other third party NMEA 2000 devices, Airmar's UDST800 may indeed be interfaced to a Raymarine system featuring MFDs running LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software. Should this device be the only source of depth, speed, and temperature data, then there would be no need to use the Data Sources feature to select which system source will be used for these data items and the MFDs will simpy populate the corresponding data items within the system with data from the UDST800. Should this device not be the only source of depth, speed, and temperature data, then it would be necessary to use the Data Sources feature to select which system source will be used for these data items. As with other third party NMEA 2000 transducers, MFDs running LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software will not support calibration, configuration of offsets, or configuration of alarms in conjunction with such transducers.
07-31-18, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the reply. On the same topic of the Airmar UDST800, but not with a MFD, I cannot get my i70 to display depth information being sent from the UDST800. (i turned off my A70 MFD). I understand i cannot set calibration etc, but the i70 display just displays Dashes for depth. Replacing the UDST800 with a DST800 works fine.
08-01-18, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-18 09:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Jim,

Please note that the A70 did not support use within a system having more source of depth, speed, and temperature data. Given that the DST800 (Smart assumed???) works correctly with the system and the UDST does not, I would recommend that you ensure that the i70 MFID has been updated with v3.11 or later software. If so and should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that a NMEA 2000 analyzer (ex. Actisense NGT-1 w/NMEA Reader software, etc.) be interfaced to the backbone to inspect the depth value being reported by the UDST. If found to contain valid depth data (i.e. not 0.0 or dashes), then that the NMEA 2000 analyzer capture approximately 30 seconds of data and that the log then be attached to this thread to be submitted as part of a problem report.
08-03-18, 09:33 AM
Hi again... yes, the i70 is running the latest sw... I updated everything on my boat to the latest SW about a month back. There is only one depth/speed/temp sensor connected at a time so there should be no issue with that. I have ordered an NEMA2000 to USB converter so i can capture a log of the communication. Once i get this (a week or two) i will post what i observe.

Thanks,
Jim
08-20-18, 11:34 PM
Wanted to conclude this thread. I was able to update the sw on the Airmar UDST800 and it is now properly communicating with the Raymarine gear. Thanks for your input on this.
08-21-18, 07:41 AM
You're welcome.