Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ntermittent lock ups on Axiom Pro 9
08-08-18, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-18 03:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ntermittent lock ups on Axiom Pro 9
We have a master/slave set up with 2 Axiom Pro 9 MFDs. We experience intermittent lock ups on both of the MFDs where the unit become unresponsive to touch or the physical keys and has to be restarted. The units are on lighthouse 3.6.32 - this was applied recently but the lock ups were occurring both before and after the update.

I am attaching the system diagnostics which details all of the equipment on the network.

I noticed that there are options to download other log files, and I would appreciate any advice on how to further diagnose this.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-18, 03:43 PM
RE: [CA11] ntermittent lock ups on Axiom Pro 9
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Delsey,

It is recommended that a Factory Reset (HOME->SETTINGS->THIS DISPLAY->FACTORY RESET) be performed to each display and that any logs (HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->ERASE LOGS). After configuring the MFDs, be certain to specify via the system's Data Sources feature which source of GPS data will be utilized by the system. Please verify that the system includes only one instance of any one type of chart card (ex. while it is alright to have a LightHouse and Navionics chart card within the system, there should not be two Navionics chart cards within the system). Should the problem persist thereafter, then on the first occurrence, please execute the following commands on the system's Data Master MFD:
- HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->PRODUCT INFO->SAVE DATA) ... save product info into a file titled Raymarine/My Data/Diagnostics_.json on the microSD memory card
- HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->PRODUCT INFO->SAVE DATA) ... save product info into a file titled Crash_xxx_yyy.log.log (there may be more than one); where [censored] is the product ID / serial no. and yyy is the date.
- HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->PRODUCT INFO->SAVE DATA) ... save product info into a file titled logs/Summary_xxx_yyy.log; where [censored] is the product ID / serial no. and yyy is the date.

Please indicate the actions which were being attempted when the problem occurred. Please additionally specify whether the system features a USB remote card reader and whether it was in use.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply