Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Ipad as second display for Axiom Pro
08-09-18, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-18 10:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Ipad as second display for Axiom Pro
I have searched the forum and cannot seem to find if possible.
I have purchased an installed Axiom Pro 9. I am still reading manuals, learning, playing with the system and searching the forum for information on this issue.
I connected my Ipad by WIFI to the Axiom Pro using the Raymarine RayView App or the RayRemote. I am not sure if I am missing something but this only either gives me a mirror image of the screen on the Axiom Pro or a remote control?

Is there an App or method that will allow an Ipad to be used as a second display. I would like to have different images on the Ipad then the Axiom Pro unit, Not a mirror image.
Can this be done?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-18, 10:00 AM
RE: [CA11] Ipad as second display for Axiom Pro
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum lwilson,

The RayRemote app is not designed for use with tablets and the RayView app is designed to Repeat the MFD's screen image. If seeking to remotely control the MFD, then the RayControl app should be installed on the tablet. The app will respond to iPad screen touches in the same manner as would occur if the MFD's screen were actually touched.
08-20-18, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-18 07:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
Thanks for the response.

First of all, love the Axiom Pro, transducers and the Quantum 2 radar I have purchased.

I do not want a mirror image or control of the axiom display.
I would like to display a separate page (Chart, Radar, chirp sonar, down vision or Real vision page/screen) on the Ipad as a second screen. Is this possible?

I was able to do this Dragonfly PRO. Anglers can stream Dragonfly sonar data right to their smartphone or tablet with the Raymarine Wi-Fishâ„¢ mobile app.

Thank you for the assistance
Lance
08-21-18, 08:04 AM
Lance,

Q1. I do not want a mirror image or control of the axiom display.
I would like to display a separate page (Chart, Radar, chirp sonar, down vision or Real vision page/screen) on the Ipad as a second screen. Is this possible?

A1. Negative. The feature which you are describing is dual / multistation capability where each station may be independently configured to utilize and display any of the system's resources. Such capability would require that an Axiom, Axiom Pro, or Axiom XL MFD be installed at each such station. Alternatively, you may want to consider running the Navionics Boating app or other navigational app of choice on your tablet and configure the Axiom MFD to display the other desired and supported apps (Radar, Fishfinder, etc.).
08-21-18, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-18 08:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck
Thanks for information.

So if I understand correctly.

Q1.You can stream sonar data right to your smartphone or tablet with the Dragonfly pro and the Raymarine Wi-Fishâ„¢ mobile app. But this is not possible with Raymarine Axiom Pro?

Q2.Along with there is no other way to completed this other than purchasing or using another display?

Q3. Is there a list available of displays that are compatible with the Axiom 9 pro That can be networked and used for second display screen?
08-22-18, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-18 03:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Lance,

Q1.You can stream sonar data right to your smartphone or tablet with the Dragonfly pro and the Raymarine Wi-Fishâ„¢ mobile app. But this is not possible with Raymarine Axiom Pro?
A1. Correct. The Wi-Fish app is a fairly simple app within its feature set. Only sonar data is shared between the Dragonfly display or Wi-Fish and the app. Seeking to have a mobile app which duplicated all features of a MFD and then having the MFD stream all system data would require a significantly more complex mobile app ($$$) than the Wi-Fish (FREE) or RayControl (FREE) app and would require significantly greater processing/and/or data communications ($$$) between the MFD and the mobile device.

Q2.Along with there is no other way to completed this other than purchasing or using another display?
A2. Negative.

Q3. Is there a list available of displays that are compatible with the Axiom 9 pro That can be networked and used for second display screen?
A3. Any model of Axiom, Axiom Pro, or Axiom XL MFD my be used for the second station display. Should the currently installed MFD be an Axiom Pro RVX MFD, then any other to MFDs installed within the system need not have internal fishfinder circuitry, as Raymarine MFDs are designed to share all system resources ... including another MFD's fishfinder circuitry. If seeking a low cost second station display an E70363-00-LNC Axiom 7 MFD or an E70366-00-LNC Axiom 9 MFD would be recommended.

Final note: for maximum performance of the system, it is recommended that the system's components be maintained with the latest available Raymarine product software updates.