Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Installing an Evolution EV-100 Power Autopilot Pack ?
08-10-18, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-18 10:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Installing an Evolution EV-100 Power Autopilot Pack ?
I purchased a Raymarine Evolution EV-100 Power Autopilot Pack in spring of 2015 but had never gotten around to installing it. I'm about to do that now and would like to open a thread to explore a few details:

Is there any software update process?

The NEMA connectivity between my pair of Merc 60s and my plotter (GPSMAP 741xs) is already functioning. Should I expect problems and/or special care when installing to a system with that Garmin?

I've read other threads that leads one to think it's not a slam dunk process and am happy to apply some $$ for whatever handholding might be required.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-18, 10:12 AM
RE: [CA11] Installing an Evolution EV-100 Power Autopilot Pack ?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Steve,

It is most definitely recommended that the software within the autopilot's ACU, EV-1 CCU, and p70R autopilot control head be updated prior to installing the autopilot. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the software within these components be update when the system lacks a compatible Raymarine MFD. It is similarly recommended that you verify that the software within any third party marine electronics (ex. GPSMAP 741xs, etc.) be updated as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply