Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] cp470+2 td : m285hw + m135m possible ?
08-11-18, 01:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-18 09:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] cp470+2 td : m285hw + m135m possible ?
hello ,
Cedric, charter boat in costarica
just owner of a second boat , hydraport 2390

Im in the reflexion of how to setup my new fishing machine
targeting inshore , rooster fish, cuberas, snooks and sailfish, marlin daurado yellowfin etc also practice a lot jigging for amberjack and other species ...
I need to find my baits everyday pretty quick with my customers , sardines in 10-30meters and blue runners in 50m, also little tunnies and bonitos offshore
maps are really bad there too and making your own Map is mandatory if you want to make the difference

thats why I want to try the 3d for inshore and a good chirp to see bottom fish as making my map pretty quick when I look for news fishing spot

those transducers should be perfect for my needs offshore too for pointing bait and stream as the billfish and tuna school ...

can cp 470 manage this 2 transducers at same time ? or at least get wired and selectable ?

im already owner of a pathfinder 2300dv that I need to upgrade too, got an axiom9 9chart only, name only ) an a98, a dsm 300/tm260 that just showed off, rd24shd radome radar, autopilot ...

I will try a first setup before upgrading the pathfinder ...

the hydra sport should get 1 axiom rs, 1 axiom map, 1 cp470, 1 autopilot, 1 bird / other boats detecting capable radar ...9mine cannot but is more used for weather in green season than detecting

thanks for your help for the transducers possibility and your point of vue about my future setup, any advice for a bird finder radar but reasonable for my boat 9size and price off course ...)
thanks
regards
Cedric, pacific dream fishing, Quepos Costa Rica
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-18, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-18 02:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] cp470+2 td : m285hw + m135m possible ?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Cedric,

For the application which you have identified, we would typically recommend that a B175LHW (tilted element versions available to accommodate deadrise) and a B175M be installed for the type of fishing specified. These transducers may be paired using the Paired CHIRP Transducer Y-Cable (A102146) to be mated to the Transducer socket of a CP470 or CP570. If seeking higher speed performance then the A80322 B275LHW may similarly be paired with the B175M.

On smaller boats, a RD418HD or RD424HD radome would be recommended for spotting birds via radar. The Radar application of compatible MFDs which have been interfaced to the radomes support a Bird Mode feature to automatically adjust gain settings for spotting birds at different ranges. Another commonly used radar transducer for spotting birds is Raymarine's 4kW 48" Magnum Open Array.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply