Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Fuel Management
08-11-18, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-18 12:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Fuel Management
I am sure this has been addressed previously, but I couldn't seem to locate it. Here is what I am looking to do:

Since my Fuel Sending units never seem to be very accurate, I want to be at least "close" on my fuel planning. I have two tanks (75 Gals and 50 gals) I have an inline fuel flow sensor for both my Yamaha and the Raymarine, which is routed into my NMEA/raynet

1. How do you set up the axiom 9 for tracking fuel based on tank size and fuel flow?

2. Has anyone had any success with the NMEA fuel tank Sensors?

3. Is there some better options?

Optimally, I would like to know/see the following info on my Axiom:

Fuel Remaining (For both tanks)
Range (Based on above and use rate)
PONR
Flow Rate (GPH)
Optimal Fuel rate?

Am also trying to locate the sweet spot where my MPH and GPH are at their best

Thanks!

~R~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-18, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-18 01:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Fuel Management
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Randar,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the engine system or fuel flow sensor must be interfaced to the system to ensure that you have correctly interfaced the fuel flow sensing device to the system. Detailed instructions concerning how to set up the LightHouse 3 Fuel Manger may be found within the Fuel/trip manager section of Chapter 5.8: My data of the LightHouse 3.6 Advanced Operation Instructions.

Fuel data may be displayed within the data cells of an existing or custom panel of the Dashboard. Detailed instructions concerning how to edit or create a custom panel within the Dashboard application may be found within the Fuel/trip manager section of Chapter 12: Dashboard app of the LightHouse 3.6 Advanced Operation Instructions.

Q1. How do you set up the axiom 9 for tracking fuel based on tank size and fuel flow?
A1. This setting is configured via the Total Fuel Capacity setting within the Fuel Manager's Fuel Set-Up tab.

Q2. Has anyone had any success with the NMEA fuel tank Sensors?
A2. Yes indeed. In systems featuring a single fuel flow sensor, the sensor must be configured to use the value 0 for the Instance ID included within the PGNs transmitted by the fuel flow sensor. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q3. Is there some better options?
A3. No. You're on the right track.

Q4. Optimally, I would like to know/see the following info on my Axiom:
Fuel Remaining (For both tanks)
Range (Based on above and use rate)
PONR
Flow Rate (GPH)
Optimal Fuel rate?
A4. Corresponding LightHouse 3 data items:
Fuel Remaining (For both tanks) - FUEL->EST. FUEL REMAINING
Range (Based on above and use rate) - FUEL->DISTANCE TO EMPTY
PONR - Not supported