Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Issues with connecting to cp470
08-14-18, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-18 12:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Issues with connecting to cp470
Recently my c125 quit communicating with my cp470. My mfd shows the cp470 when you look under the menu to connect it and it also shows my airmar r111 that is connected to the cp470. Although when you are on the depth finder screen it does not pick up anything. It is solid blue. You can not hear the chirp running anymore, which before I could. I have had the r111 chirp module tested however they said it works fine. My cp470 is showing a single flashing green light. One flash every few seconds, so it is showing to be operating normally. And last but not least the ping is enabled under the depth finder menu and it seems to be on the correct channel "which is the only channel". These are all brand new units also.

Much Appreciation,
Chad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-18, 01:02 PM
RE: [CA11] Issues with connecting to cp470
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chad,

When installing a new CP470, it is recommended that it's software level be checked to ensure that it is at v14.28 or later before connecting it to a transducer. In this case, it unfortunately, appears that the CP470 may have suffered a failure. If purchased within the last 30 days, then it would be recommended that the CP470 be returned to your Raymarine dealer for replacement. The replacement CP470 should be updated with the latest available CP470 software prior to use. If purchased more than thirty days ago, it is recommended that the CP470 be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
08-14-18, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-18 01:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I appreciate the response, I have removed it and is in the mail already. I figured that was the last thing to have checked out. hopefully this is the issue. some of the smallest things can cause the biggest head ache. I will let you know what happens when it is returned.
08-14-18, 01:47 PM
You're welcome.