Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.FSH waypointss transfer to new a series
04-22-16, 06:25 AM
.FSH waypointss transfer to new a series
I have the waypoints I took off a C120 Classic. They are in a .fsh file format. Can I just copy them onto a micro SD card and put them in the new a9, or do I need to do something else?

I have not found an answer to this on the forum. If I missed it, I apologize for a duplicate post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-16, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-25-16 01:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: .FSH waypointss transfer to new a series
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Truesdale,

As any a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD which has been updated with v14.36 or later software will exclusively support importing waypoint, route, and track data from and exporting waypoint, route, and track data data to GPX formatted files, copying the Archive.FSH file to a microSD memory card alone will not achieve the end that you are seeking. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
04-24-16, 12:24 PM
Thank you for your guidance, Chuck. I tried GPS Utility and it seems to have worked converting .FSH to .GPX for the first 100 waypoints. Unfortunately I am dealing with about 850 waypoints that were on the Classic C120. I didn't see a way to get into the folder with the .FSH files to pull out a hundred at a time to convert them separately.

I had hoped that I could make all the conversions from one Raymarine MFD to another Raymarine MFD without having to purchase software. Am I correct in my conclusion that I will need to purchase software to do it, that it cannot be done for free?
04-25-16, 01:39 PM
Truesdale,

Q. Am I correct in my conclusion that I will need to purchase software to do it, that it cannot be done for free?
A. Your conclusion is incorrect. Per the FAQ referenced within my initial response should you downgrade the MFD's software, it should then be possible to import the data from your Archive.fsh file. After importing the data from your Archive.fsh file, you may then export your data to a GPX file(s) for backup purposes, and your MFD may then be updated with the latest a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software.
05-08-16, 08:50 PM
I think I am getting closer, but I have not been successful yet.

My internet here in Alaska is such that I cannot download either the previous version of the software (v13.37) or the newest version (v16.47). I asked my son in NY to download them and send them to me on an SD card. I now have both versions of the software and put them on a micoSD card.

I inserted the card into the new unit, which was received with v14.xx and it found the new update, v16.47, but did not show me v13.37 as an option. I then removed v16.47 from the microSD card and reinserted it. It still not find the v13.37 folder.

So, can anyone tell me what I need to do to get v13.37 to load?
05-09-16, 08:16 AM
Truesdale,

Raymarine MFDs will only search the root level directory of a memory card for software update files. Should the v13.37 software update files have been saved into a folder or stored onto the microSD memory card, then the MFD will not be able to access them. Should the v16.47 software update files have been copied into the root level directory of the memory card, then it is recommended that a folder titled v16 be created on the memory card and that the v16.47 software update files be cut from the root level directory and instead be temporarily pasted into the v16 folder. After doing so, the v13 file should be pasted/extracted to the root level directory of the memory card, and the card may then be used to downgrade the MFD's software. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.