Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 7 SeatalkNG vs SeatalkHS?
08-17-18, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-18 12:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 7 SeatalkNG vs SeatalkHS?
Hi,
My 30' sailboat has a ST4000 autopilot and three instruments.

I bought the EV-100 AP to replace the ST4000 AP.

I plan on buying the Axiom 7 with Navionics maps, display only, no transducer.

I'm confused after looking at a suppliers website.
They list an Axiom 7 DV with SeatalkNG.
They list the Axiom 7 w/ Navionics maps, display only with SeatalkHS.

I thought all the Axiom 7s were the same, you chose what map options and transducer options you wanted.
Am I wrong and I have to choose an Axiom 7 with either STNG or STHS?

For instruments I don't have the ST #s but here is what I found on the back of the displays.
Depth Z134
Wind Z094
Speed Z133

I plan on using the ITc5 to connect them to the Axiom 7. Is this correct?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-18, 01:27 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 7 SeatalkNG vs SeatalkHS?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum SVSunDog,

Q1. I thought all the Axiom 7s were the same, you chose what map options and transducer options you wanted. Am I wrong and I have to choose an Axiom 7 with either STNG or STHS?
A1. You are incorrect. As you had initially believed, all models of Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs feature both a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface as well as an Ethernet Network interface(s). The MFD's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface would be used to interface the MFD as a spur to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which will include the iTC-5. The Evolution autopilot's CCU, ACU, and control head will each also be interfaced as spurs to the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

Q2. For instruments I don't have the ST #s but here is what I found on the back of the displays.
Depth Z134
Wind Z094
Speed Z133
A2. The instruments specified are ST50 instruments. ST50 instruments are not compatible with a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. While the depth and speed transducers which are currently interfaced to these instruments may be used with an iTC-5, the currently installed wind transducer cannot and would need to be replaced with a compatible wind transducer. Systems featuring an iTC-5 require an i70/i70S Multifunction Instrument Display to perform calibration of and configuration of alarms associated with transducers which have been interfaced the iTC-5.
09-11-18, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-18 07:47 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
That answers my questions.
Appreciate the information.
09-11-18, 07:47 AM
You're welcome.