Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Quantum Doppler with e7 MFD
08-17-18, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-18 08:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Quantum Doppler with e7 MFD
I've ordered a new Quantum 2 radar with doppler because in the compatibility list was Lighthouse II included. The shipping is still pending. In the meanwhile I have downloaded the radar's manual. According to this the radar is NOT compatible with my e7D and a65 MFDs. Is that true? What can I do? Can I expect an update to Lighthouse 3 for my MFDs that solves the problem?

If I would buy a new plotter with Lighthouse 3, would it be compatible with my Lighthouse II plotters and instruments like i70, p70r, iTC-5 etc?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-18, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-18 09:18 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Quantum Doppler with e7 MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Manaia,

Q1a. In the meanwhile I have downloaded the radar's manual. According to this the radar is NOT compatible with my e7D and a65 MFDs. Is that true? What can I do?
A1a. Quantum 2 radomes are sometimes purchased by owners of MFDs running LightHouse II software when there is a future possibility that the MFD(s) running LightHouse II software will be replaced with a MFD running LightHouse 3 or a compatible futur version of LightHouse software. When Quantum 2 radomes are used with a MFD running LightHouse II software, the radar features supported by the system will essentially be those which one would have experienced if the radome had been a Quantum radome rather than a Quantum 2 radome. As LightHouse II software does not support doppler specific features (ex. the red/green coloring of targets based upon whether they are moving toward or away from your vessel). For this reason, the Quantum 2 radome is not listed as being compatible with MFDs running LightHouse II software.

Q1b. Can I expect an update to Lighthouse 3 for my MFDs that solves the problem?
A1b. Negative. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. If I would buy a new plotter with Lighthouse 3, would it be compatible with my Lighthouse II plotters and instruments like i70, p70r, iTC-5 etc?
A2. While a MFD running LightHouse 3 software may be interfaced to the interfaced to the instrument and autopilot devices which you have listed, interfacing the MFD running LightHouse 3 software to a system which also featured a MFD(s) running LightHouse II software would be restricted to the method and limitations stated within the FAQ found here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply