Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Lighthouse 3 online software update problem
08-20-18, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-18 03:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Lighthouse 3 online software update problem
I have an Axiom 12RV mfd.

When updating LightHouse3 online, due to the file size the update will often fail (using the marina wifi) meaning that I have to restart the update. The update then restarts from scratch.

Is it not possible to cache the part that was downloaded and restart from that position.
Alternatively is it not possible to issue the update as several smaller updates and I can choose whether or not to install the file if it relates to hardware in my vessel?

At present, I can only update reliably by downloading onto an SD card at home.

Also, marina connections log a vessel out after several hours. To log in again, I need to use the "Netflix" or "Spotify" online help guide to bring up a Google page. Is it not possible to include a "Google search" page as a separate app?

Thanks for any assistance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-18, 11:01 AM
RE: [DG11] Lighthouse 3 online software update problem
Hi shane005

Thankyou for your enquiry.

I have forwarded your comments regarding the file download to our engineering team, at present the part of file that has downloaded is not cached and the download is relaunched. The speed and reliability of the download is very much at the mercy of the local internet connection and varies from marina to marina.

The AXIOM software is continuing to evolve and develop spo all comments regarding features are forwarded to our development teams for potential inclusion in upcoming releases.

Thankyou for the feedback and we sincerely appreciate it.

Regards

Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply