Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Quantity indications on es128
08-21-18, 03:14 PM
Fuel Quantity indications on es128
My es128 is now only showing fuel in my port tank even though both my fuel gages are working properly. This seems to have happened when I updated the MFD software to the latest Lighthouse II version (19.03). Please explain what the possible causes of loss of fuel sensing in my starboard tank (I have two tanks) might be and what you would recommend to fix the problem. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-18, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-18 03:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Fuel Quantity indications on es128
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Flyboy320,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Updating the MFD's software would have had no effect upon displaying fuel levels associated with NMEA 2000 fluid level sensors reporting fuel levels for Instance ID 0 (Fuel Tank 1) and Instance ID 1 (Fuel Tank 2). It is likely that the source for the second tank is transmitting an Instance ID for the starboard tank which is a value other than 1. While the referenced FAQ indicates how a NMEA 2000 analyzer may be used to determine which Instance ID is being transmitted for the starboard tank, you may want to try displaying tank levels for Fuel Tank 3, 4, or 5 (Instance IDs 2, 3, and 4 respectively), as you may well find that one of these Fuel Tank levels is that for your starboard tank.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply