Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] ST60 software update
08-25-18, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-18 10:10 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG] ST60 software update
I have a set of ST60 plus instruments and ST6002 Autopilot that is not displaying all the data that I hope it can. On the wind instrument True Wind Direction (wind mag) is blank. Hdg Mag shows so I thought the wind direction should come along as well. There might be a couple other inconsistencies but I can not come up with them now. My first thought is whether my software is up to date and if these older instruments are even supported any longer. The versions are:
Multi: 6.00
Speed: 1.00
Wind: 7.03
Depth: 1.00
Autopilot: 5.00

If these instruments can be updated great, if not they do still function well. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-18, 10:16 AM
RE: [DG] ST60 software update
Hi Dfloeter
Thankyou for your enquiry,

The True WInd display on the Analogue wind instrument is True Wind relative the Boat, not Magnetic, so the calculation required only uses apparent wind and Boat speed through the water.

Id apparent wind is working OK, then check that the Speed instrument is copying it's data onto SeaTalk and that the wind display is reading SeaTalk.

A simple test for Seatalk, is to turn the illumination ON on one display, the illumination should come ON on all the others, any that do not - are not receiving SeaTalk data. Similarly, if you turn the illumination ON on one display and none of the others light up, then that display is not talking on SeaTalk.

Generally the ST60 displays are no longer repairable due to spares, but the current i50 and i60 displays can be connected to SeaTalk and to the ST60 transducers and so can be used in replacement

I hope this helps?

Regards
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply