Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9/Lighthouse ?
08-27-18, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-18 11:17 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 9/Lighthouse ?
I have an Axiom 9 and have a few questions about the micro SD slot.
1. After loading Navionics chart's I can remove the msd card right or wrong?
2. Can I just pull it out with the unit off(in the house) or do I have to eject it?
3. Using another 32 GB msd card can I record the sonar pictures? record my waypoints and view it on computer in the house? If so where can I find the info to do this?

Thanks, David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-18, 11:16 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 9/Lighthouse ?
David,

Q1. After loading Navionics chart's I can remove the msd card right or wrong?
A1. Navionics charts are not loaded into the memory of MFD's running LightHouse 3 or LightHouse II software. The MFDs are instead dependent upon a chart card containing the desired cartography being present within one of the following whenever desiring to view this cartography:
- the MFD's memory card reader
- a compatible remote card reader which has been interfaced to the MFD's USB port
- the memory card reader of another compatible MFD within the system's Ethernet network ... this MFD must also be in the Switched ON state.
- a compatible remote card reader which has been interfaced to the MFD's USB port
- the memory card reader of remote card reader which has been interfaced to another compatible MFD USB port ... this MFD must also be in the Switched ON state.

Q2. Can I just pull it out with the unit off(in the house) or do I have to eject it?
A2. Yes. However, if the MFD is in the switched ON state, then the MFD should be commanded to eject the microSD memory card prior to removing it.

Q3. Using another 32 GB msd card can I record the sonar pictures? record my waypoints and view it on computer in the house? If so where can I find the info to do this?
A3. If desiring to simultaneously view cartography from your chart card and to use another microSD memory card for recording screen captures and transferring waypoint/route/track data, then it would be recommended that the system be accessorized with the A80440 RCR-SD/USB-Card Reader or the A80218 RCR-2 Dual Slot USB Card Reader. Screen captures are saved to .png files which are commonly read by most photo viewing applications. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing recommended navigational planning applications supporting the GPX file format supported by MFDs running LightHouse 3 or LightHouse II software.
08-27-18, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-18 08:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Mr. Chuck for the super fast response and the information, You are the man!
08-28-18, 08:10 AM
You're welcome.