Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Linear Drive Maintenance
08-27-18, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-18 03:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Linear Drive Maintenance
Hi,

I have a Raymarine mechanical linear drive. I just completed a 5000 mile passage and was reviewing the linear drive manual for periodic maintanence requirements. The manual say the unit should be returned to Raymarine Service center at 2 years of age or 1000 hours of operation whichever occurs first. I am just above two years since purchase and about 1300 hours of ops so I am due for this service. My questions are

1. Where do I get the service accomplished?

2. What is actually done?

3. What is the cost? Assume basic servicing.

4. If more than basic servicing is required what process is used to id actual cost to repair and authroity to proceed?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-18, 03:40 PM
RE: [CA11] Linear Drive Maintenance
Welcome to the wmcunninghamii,

Q1. Where do I get the service accomplished?
A1. US customers should send their products to Raymarine's US Product Repair Center which is located in Nashua, NH.

Q2. What is actually done?
A2. The most common wear item is the linear drive's motor which would be replaced. Bearings, sprockets, and gears will also be inspected.

Q3. What is the cost? Assume basic servicing.
A3. It is recommended that Raymarine's US Product Repair Center (603.324.7900) be contacted for pricing.

Q4. If more than basic servicing is required what process is used to id actual cost to repair and authroity to proceed?
A4. Upon inspection of the product, the technician will typically call if bench testing / inspection reveals a problem which may lead to more significant repairs.
09-01-18, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-18 12:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks very much for the info. I'll contact the service center.
09-05-18, 12:54 PM
You're welcome.