Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
use of chart chip
04-23-16, 05:19 AM
use of chart chip
I have purchased a Ray e1270 and e970. Both have a chip for the Lighthouse charts. I also bought a Navionics Plat+ chart chip. It appears that there are charts preloaded on the instrument.
1) what is on the Lighthouse chip?
2) upon insertion, does the instrument automatically pick up this data?
3) What about the navionics Plat+ chart chip? Insert and go?
4) I am networking these two units, the 9" as th emaster and the 12" as the slave. Can I just use the one chip in the master and will the slave use the same data on the chip?

Thanks again for the great resource Ray has for us!

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-16, 12:48 PM
RE: use of chart chip
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Please click here and here to view FAQs addressing this subject.

Q1) what is on the Lighthouse chip?
A1) LightHouse Chart cards bundled with Raymarine MFDs for US customers have been programmed with NOAA ENC US Coastal (including US portions of the Grate Lakes) Charts.

Q2) upon insertion, does the instrument automatically pick up this data?
A2) Negative. Per the referenced FAQ, the default chart selection setting for each Chart application page/pane is Navionics Nautical Charts. Should the operator desired to view a different type of cartography a Chart application page/pane, then the command sequence MENU-> PRESENTATION->CHART SELECTION must be configured to match the type of charts which have been stored on the chart card(s) which has been inserted in the MFD's microSD memory card reader.

Q3) What about the navionics Plat+ chart chip? Insert and go?
A3) As the default chart selection setting for each Chart application page/pane is Navionics Nautical Charts, no change would be required unless desiring to view Navionics Sonar Charts from the Platinum Plus chart card. In the case of the latter, the Navionics Sonar Charts would simply be selected from the Chart Selection menu.

Q4) I am networking these two units, the 9" as th emaster and the 12" as the slave. Can I just use the one chip in the master and will the slave use the same data on the chip?
A4. Yes.
04-30-16, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-16 12:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks as always Chuck! GREAT info!
04-30-16, 12:19 PM
You're welcome.