Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] Axiom RV 12 for Trolling
09-07-18, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-18 06:43 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG] Axiom RV 12 for Trolling
I am replacing all of my Lowrance electronics and am looking for recommendations on the best setup for fast trolling as well as deep water offshore. Boat is 23 ft fiberglass hull.

Target species are Blue Marlin and Bluefin in Southern California offshore waters. I am considering the Axiom 12 RV with the RV-100 Trx but want to know if I need anything else? I know the 3D is really only good down to 300 ft which is fine for bait fish ID. Should I get the RV-200 for fast trolling or can I stick with the transom mount RV-100?

BTW, I posted this question a week ago and it said a moderator had to approve it. I have not seen a reply yet ???
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-18, 06:48 AM
RE: [DG] Axiom RV 12 for Trolling
HI El Toro

Thank you for your enquiry,

The RV100 transom mount works well at speed but can require careful set up to avoid Aeration, whereas the through hull Transducers are easier to mount provided there is a clear section of hull in front of them to ensure no turbulence, if the boat is trailered, then bear this in mind when identifying a suitable mounting location under the hull.

Regards
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply