Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Ray 60 - No position data
09-08-18, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-18 02:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Ray 60 - No position data
Hi,
My Ray60 is showing "No position data" while the position data is available on the STNG network. The satellite icon is blinking in the right upper corner.

The GPS signal is recognized in the system test (Setup --> Maintenance --> System test). Other devices (i70s display) are receiving the position without problems. I have seen once that the position was shown on the device, but than it was about half an hour old (because the data/time was also shown).
When i take the GPS out of the system and run the test again it is reflected by the test that no GPS is available.

My device is a Ray60
HW version MCU-C RF-D
SW version: V1.40
Bootloader V2.15
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-18, 02:03 PM
RE: [CA11] Ray 60 - No position data
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum bhavers,

How has the VHF radio been interfaced to the system (i.e. via NMEA 0183 or as a spur to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone)?
09-17-18, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-18 03:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
The Ray60 is connected to the STNG backbone with a spur to a 5-way seatalk connector. Properly terminated and power-supplied. The network also has an itc-5, evo-100 and 2x i70s. These are all working ok.

Gr.
Bram.
09-17-18, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-18 04:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
bhavers,

The reported problem may be resulting from any of the following:
- confusing a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter with a SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector ... the ST-STng Converter is easily identified by a yellow locking ring located in the center socket. This socket cannot be used to connect the Ray60 (or any other device having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface to the SeaTalk bus,
- an unsecured SeaTalkng Backbone Cable or Spur Cable connected to the Ray60 ... disconnect, re-seat, and secure the socket locking rings of all backbone cable connections. Disconnect, re-seat, and secure the socket locking rings of the Spur Cable sockets of the Ray60 and SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.
- a failure of a spur socket within the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector ... try another spur socket within the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector
- a failure of the SeaTalkng Spur Cable ... test the Ray60 with another one of the system's SeaTalkng Spur Cables, or another spur cable purchased for such fault isolation
- a failure within the Ray60 ... the Ray60 should be replaced by the dealer (if purchased within the last 30 days) or sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
09-17-18, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-18 07:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
It is not a 5-way connector with yellow ring (i also don't have any seatalk equipement). I also reconnected the cable a couple of times, although i am not sure if i changed sockets. I will give that a try.
I will also try another cable.

Will probably take a couple of days before i'll be at the boat to test this. I will let you know the result.

Gr.
Bram.
10-01-18, 03:45 PM
Hi,
I have tried a new spur cable. Also changed sockets and reconnected all cables and made sure they were locked correctly.
But unfortunately it doesn't help. Any other options?

Gr.
Bram.
10-01-18, 03:49 PM
bhavers,

Unfortunately, it would appear that the Ray60 has a defective SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 interface. It is accordingly recommended that the Ray60 should be replaced by the dealer (if purchased within the last 30 days) or sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.