Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom-trip logs
09-09-18, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-18 11:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom-trip logs
I am trying to understand my new Axiom Pro 12s. My trip settings that are available are:
-Trip season
-Trip month
-Trip day
-Trip manual
-Ground log
-Trip
-Log.

Questions:
My assumption is that trip season, month and day reset automatically. Is that correct?

I also assume that ground log reflects the total mileage and is not reset-able. Correct?

What is the difference between trip manual, trip and log?

I assume these are the only settings available, and that the old trip 1, 2,3 and 4 on the E120 is no longer available?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-18, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 09-18-18 11:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom-trip logs
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Berwick

TRIPS
The following trips were introduced with LightHouse 3 Fuel Manager.
- TRIP SEASON and TRIP MANUAL – these can be reset manually via the Fuel Trip tab of the Fuel/Trip Dialog HOME->MY DATA->FUEL/TRIP or by touch-n-hold in Dashboard to get a pop-up menu option to reset.
- TRIP MONTH resets at beginning of month automatically
- TRIP DAY resets at midnight automatically.

The above listed Trips are calculated using changes in vessel position sensed though GPS position updates ... so no need for a transducer detecting speed through water.

The legacy TRIP data item that is the cumulative distance through water based on rotation of paddlewheel or ultrasonic speed through water transducer. This data item may only be reset via the instrument or fishfinding product which has been directly interfaced to the transducer sensing speed through water.

Unlike LightHouse II and earlier MFD products, LightHouse 3 does not support the old Ground Trip 1, Ground Trip 2, Ground Trip 3, and Ground Trip 4 data items.

LOGS
Logs may generally not be reset … they just keep counting up akin to the odometer of one's automobile. The Ground Log of LightHouse 3 may only reset by commanding the MFD to perform a Factory Reset (HOME->SETTINGS->THIS DISPLAY->FACTORY RESET.

- GROUND LOG is calculated using changes in vessel position sensed though GPS position updates.
- LOG is the cumulative distance through water based on rotation of paddlewheel or ultrasonic speed through water transducer. Instrument logs cannot be reset. However, Logs calculated by a fishfinder may be reset by commanding that the fishfinder's sounder be reset.
09-18-18, 11:28 PM
Thanks, very helpful.
09-19-18, 07:56 AM
You're welcome.