Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Software updates using microUSB
09-11-18, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-18 01:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom Software updates using microUSB
When I connect a microUSB OTG cable to the Axiom 9, I can use a thumb drive or a SD Card Reader to import/export "My Data" successful. However, if I have the latest Axiom Software update extracted to the root of either, the MFD does not see any updates. Yet, if I insert the msd card into the displays reader, it can see the update.

Just wondering why the import/export of data works but software updates doesn't using the same hardware?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-18, 01:16 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom Software updates using microUSB
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum gdravis,

Q. Just wondering why the import/export of data works but software updates doesn't using the same hardware?
A. As you have suggested, the MFD is exclusively designed to perform software updates via Wi-F or via software update files which have been extracted to the root level directory of a microSD memory card.
09-12-18, 02:18 PM
Thank you Chuck.

I believe software updates can be performed using the A80440 RCR when connected to the Axiom's microUSB port. I've not been able to locate the pdf or dxf file for the RCR-SDUSB to confirm it's size. Is one available? I may not have enough room to install one in the navipod.

Greg
09-13-18, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-18 08:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Greg,

Negative. The A80440 Raymarine SD Card Reader and USB Port's USB socket cannot be used to update an Axiom MFD from a USB thumb drive. A microSD card or SD card must be used to perform the update. The A80440 Raymarine SD Card Reader will accept a SD card or a microSD card.
09-13-18, 11:07 AM
I believe there is a slight misunderstanding, my apologies. Just to clarify my post, when using the A80440 that is connected to the back of the Axiom's microUSB connector, the software updates are done only using the microSD card inserted into the A80440. I believe the A80440 also has a USB-A port that can be used for other functions other than software update.

In my testing of the functionality of the Axiom's microUSB port, when attempting to update the software, I only used a microSD card in a third party card reader (unsuccessfully).

Question, Is a drawing available for the A80440. I've not been able to located it.
09-13-18, 12:29 PM
Greg,

Unfortunately, I don't presently have access to the drawing for the A80440 Raymarine SD Card Reader. However I measured it and it appears to be identical to the dimensions of the A80218 - RCR-2 Remote Card Reader which the A80440 replaced. It appears that the readers require at least 3" of clearance behind them.
09-13-18, 04:37 PM
Thank you for the details.

Greg
09-14-18, 07:48 AM
You're welcome.