Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Yamaha to Axiom Pro
10-17-18, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 10-17-18 10:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Yamaha to Axiom Pro
I re-installed the eci software again, identified the engines, and the problem persists.

I spoke to Yamaha and inquired about "resetting" the engines, they were less than helpful. They directed me to contact a local service technician for help. They could not even confirm that a "reset" was possible.

What I find odd is that when the system is set up with 3 engines it displays 2 and when setup with 2 it displays 1 so it always drops one engine.

thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-18, 10:15 AM
RE: [CA11] Yamaha to Axiom Pro
Scott,

Such issues with Yamaha engines are quite uncommon. Please note that I had not suggested that that Identify Engines feature be executed prior to resetting the engines. This command was to have been executed after the engines had been reset and had been properly instanced. As had been suggested, the problem likely involves the Instance IDs which had been assigned by the engine system to each engine ... hence the reason to reset and then re-assign Instance IDs. Typically, engine instancing is assigned as a result of the first time start-up of the engines ... hence the reason to reset the engines. Should a NMEA 2000 analyzer (ex. Actisense NGW-1-ISO w/Actisense NMEA Reader software) be connected to the Yamaha Command Link / Command Link Plus backbone, you will likely find that the PGNs containing engine data are associated with Instance IDs other than 0 an 1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Resetting the engines may require that the Yamaha technician visit the vessel to perform this action.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply