Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom not reading depth
09-17-18, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-18 12:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom not reading depth
I have dual 12" axioms, rv100 transducer, cp370, and a tm258 transducer. I'm having issues with both transducer. When I choose the internal sounder/rv100 combo, the bottom alone with structure is showing, but the depth reading never shows. Now when I switch to the cp370/tm258 combo, the depth is shown.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-18, 12:25 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom not reading depth
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum FluidDynamic,

The default page setting of the Fishfinder application page is not configured to overlay the application with any Data overlays. Accordingly, should you desire to view a data item overlaid atop the Fishfinder plot, then use the command sequence MENU->SETTINGS->PAGE SETTINGS->EDIT DATA OVERLAYS->ADD... . Should you have done so and find that the value reported is dashed, then please respond accordingly.
09-19-18, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-18 08:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I added the depth overlay as you stated. It is still dashed. After switching to the cp370, Tm258 combo, it works great for a couple of hours then it just starts acting erratic and displays the depth at 3 feet deep then 40 feet, then back to 3 feet. The water depth is really 250. When it does this, I switch it back to the internal sounder/ rv100, the depth is not shown, but the bottom is reading.
09-19-18, 08:34 AM
FluidDynamic,

Which version of LightHouse 3 software (HOME->SETTINGS-> is presently installed within your Axiom MFDs?
09-19-18, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-18 11:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
V3.6.32
09-19-18, 11:57 AM
FluidDynamic,

Within a system featuring a CP370, it is recommended that it be configured as the system's Depth data source (HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DATA SOURCES), if the TM258 can satisfactorily track bottom while on plane. The depth at which problems began to occur is greater than the typically referenced depth limit or the 200kHz channel. When loss of bottom occurs with the CP370 200kHz or Auto channel, try switching to 50kHz. If 50kHz does not instantly acquire bottom, then manually configure the Fishfinder application's Depth range to a depth which is slightly deeper than the charted depth of the water at the vessel's location. Similarly, when viewing the Sonar channel of the Internal Sounder of the Axiom RV MFD, it would similarly be recommended that the Depth range of the Sonar channel be manually configured to a depth which is slightly deeper than the charted depth of the water at the vessel's location. Should this not correct the problem, then please respond accordingly, provide screen snapshots from the Fishfinder application pages/panes in which you are experiencing the problem, and specify how fast the vessel was going at the time that the problem manifested itself..
09-19-18, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-18 04:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Never mind, I found it. It was on the other screen. The cp370 is already chosen. Could the problem be with which screen is the data master?
09-19-18, 04:01 PM
FluidDynamic,

Q. Could the problem be with which screen is the data master?
A. Negative. Please refer to the other comments/recommendations within my last response for further direction.
09-20-18, 10:01 AM
Noted.
09-24-18, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-18 12:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I did what you said about manually changing the depth range to just deeper than the known depth. It worked. Everything works as it should now. Thanks, I was almost to the point of buying a new transducer.