Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Random Route Waypoint Names
09-19-18, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-18 11:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Bug [CA11] Random Route Waypoint Names
HI I am trying to use VoyagePlanner to create some routes and then transfer them to my axiom 9.

I can create the routes all ok.
I can name the route and all the waypoints along the route.

I then export out as a GPX file ( I have tried Standard and Raymarine MFD Extension GPX)

When the GPX file imports the route name is ok - but all the route waypoints come in with long random string names.

If i look at the GPX file in a text editor the route waypoint names are correct as per how i had named them in VoyagePlanner

Any ideas what may be wrong or how to fix this ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-18, 11:54 AM
RE: [CA11] Random Route Waypoint Names
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Matt,

Please click here to view a thread in which I had recently addressed this subject. This problem is currently expected to be corrected within the upcoming LightHouse 3 v3.7.x software update.
09-20-18, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-18 07:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Many Thanks Chuck ! - I did search for the issue but obviously missed this post :( - I will wait until 3.7 before importing all my routes to my new axiom :)
09-21-18, 07:53 AM
You're welcome.
09-21-18, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-18 08:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
HI Chuck - this may already be know - but just thought i would mention it in case not - the same thing happens when synchronising routes from Navionics on the iPad.
Any idea when 3.7 is released ?
09-24-18, 08:09 AM
Matt,

The as the problem is rooted within the LightHouse 3 software, this problem will occur with GPX files which have been produced from any source. The LightHouse 3 v3.7.x software release is imminent. The actual release date will be dependent upon testing results.
09-26-18, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-18 08:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Many thanks again Chuck !
09-27-18, 08:06 AM
You're welcome.