Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Lighthouse 3 v 3.3.170
09-23-18, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-18 03:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Lighthouse 3 v 3.3.170
Hello James,

I see form your other post that you did get the software reversed to LH2 in the end. I thought I'd reply re. pilot compatibility.

We offer 3 levels of pilot integration in our MFDs:
  1. Sharing waypoint/route data so that you can engage Track mode from the pilot. This works on almost all pilots, Raymarine or otherwise, as long as they're connected to the MFD via Seatalk1, NMEA0183 or SeatalkNG/NMEA2000.
  2. As above, with status about the pilot mode on the MFD and the ability to switch the pilot into Track mode from the MFD when you do a Goto Waypoint or similar. A standalone pilot controller is still required. This works with LH2 MFDs and Raymarine Seatalk/STNG pilots.
  3. Complete pilot control including calibration and operation without a dedicated pilot controller. This only works with Axiom-class displays and Evolution autopilots.

We introduced the third option with Axiom displays, and the first is still possible, but supporting the 3rd option has meant that we've had to drop support for the second. Earlier Raymarine pilots will still be compatible via the first control mechanism, you would just have to press Track on the pilot controller rather than on the MFD.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] Lighthouse 3 v 3.3.170 - Jjcodex - 09-22-18, 11:38 AM
RE: [TG11] Lighthouse 3 v 3.3.170 - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-23-18 10:15 PM