Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SeaTalkng ng cables for EV200 power p70R
04-26-16, 10:47 AM
SeaTalkng ng cables for EV200 power p70R
I have a Garmin GSPMap 7607sxv NMEA 2000 ready and I have a evolution autopilot EV-200 I am trying to inter-phase with seatalk, the garmin with the autopilot and the cable is a different size at the connector ends on the garmin verses the raymarine do I need a line converter to make this work? and can I buy one from you?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-16, 01:19 PM
RE: SeaTalkng ng cables for EV200 power p70R
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Garmin products typically utilize DeviceNet micro-C plugs. If seeking to interface the Garmin product to a spur socket within a Raymarine SeaTalkng backbone, then note that Raymarine offers A06046 SeaTalkng to DeviceNet (M) and A06045 SeaTalkng to DeviceNet (F) adapter cables as well as Stripped End Spur cables (A06044) to support interfacing third party NMEA 2000 devices as spurs to the SeaTalkng network backbone.
04-27-16, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-16 11:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck Thank you Just need to know can I connect it straight to the 5 way connector or do I need to connect it to a T ? Here's what I have going to my 5 way connector p70R to T to backbone to to top blue, Seatalk from the ACU 200 to first white on 5way, EV1 on second white, third white open and last blue with terminator.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-27-16, 11:50 AM
Tony,

Should a spur (white) socket be unoccupied within the 5-Way connector and the third party NMEA 2000 product be less than a 5m cable run to this spur socket, then the third party NMEA 2000 product may be plugged into this spur socket. Alternatively, should the length of the p70R's spur cable added to the running cable length from the p70R to the third party NMEA 2000 product be less than a 5m, then the spur cable connecting the third party NMEA 2000 product may instead be connected to the unoccupied spur socket of the p70R. Otherwise, it would be necessary to install another SeaTalkng T-Piece to be joined to the p70R spur T-Piece's or SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector's backbone socket via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng backbone cable.