Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] axiom 9 touchscreen will not turn off
10-02-18, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-18 02:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] axiom 9 touchscreen will not turn off
I have a 2018 Axiom 9 MFD, touchscreen only, w/radar & gps.
When i swipe my finger across the power icon to turn the unit off, half the time the unit will not turn off.
This failure occurs with other crew's swipes, too.
To finally turn the Axiom off, I often have to throw the in-line power switch off.
This problem happens with the radar off.
This problem has occurred since I bought the Axiom.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Wayne
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-18, 02:15 PM
RE: [CA11] axiom 9 touchscreen will not turn off
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Wayne,

As improvements to the Power Swipe feature of the Axiom MFDs have been made through software, it is recommended that the MFD's software be updated with LightHouse 3 v3.6.32 or later software and that the MFD then be tested. Please additionally note that a proper swipe is one that is lightly performed across the MFD's Power Swipe. Holding one's finger hard pressed to the MFD's Power Swipe and then swiping is not advised. Again a light left to right swipe will suffice. Should these recommendations not address the reported issue, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
10-12-18, 06:38 AM
Just wondering if upgrading this fixed your problem? I have the same problem and this is my second unit I’m trying
10-14-18, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-18 08:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
hi,
no, it did not fix the problem. my unit could not find the upgrade on the micro chip i downloaded from raymarine.
looks like i'll send it to the factory.

wayne
10-15-18, 08:56 AM
Wayne,

Should you not have already sent your MFD in for service, please double-check that you had properly populated the microSD memory card containing the software update files. If so, then please disregard this response. If not, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.