Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] SR150, and HS5
10-05-18, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-18 09:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Photo [CA11] SR150, and HS5
I am seeking an alternative to purchasing an HS5 unit to connect both, (the already purchased) SR150, and RMK10 to my axiom MFD. Is there a cheaper solution than the HS5?... Also, How do you get the XM radio station to benefit musically, and play the music through the speakers on the previously installed Clarion sound system-from the SR150? Do you connect the 150 to the sound system to allow it to utilize the sirius antenna on it (SR150)-as oposed to the sirius antenna on the clarion radio?

I am trying to avoid purchasing a Raymarine HS5 Seatalk Network Switch, and how to play the XM music from a SR150 Sirius XM reciver (for weather...). Do you connect the SR150 to the stereo to be able to choose the station and listen audibly, and utilize the more powerful antenna?

From Newt the newby
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-18, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-18 09:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] SR150, and HS5
Newt,

Q1. I am seeking an alternative to purchasing an HS5 unit to connect both, (the already purchased) SR150, and RMK10 to my axiom MFD. Is there a cheaper solution than the HS5?...
A2. Negative. Unfortunately, the equipment which you have listed (Axiom MFD, SR150, RMK-10) are designed to be interfaced exclusively via an Ethernet network. Axiom Pro MFDs which feature a pair of Ethernet communications interfaces which would permit them to be interface to two other compatible devices having an Ethernet communications interface, without need for a HS5 RayNet Network Switch. However, the Axiom MFDs feature a single Ethernet communications interface, which would permit them to be interface to one other compatible device having an Ethernet communications interface, without need for a HS5 RayNet Network Switch. As you have two devices having an Ethernet communications interface which will need to be interfaced to the Axiom MFD, a HS5 Netowrk Switch will need to be installed.

Q2. How do you get the XM radio station to benefit musically, and play the music through the speakers on the previously installed Clarion sound system-from the SR150? Do you connect the 150 to the sound system to allow it to utilize the sirius antenna on it (SR150)-as oposed to the sirius antenna on the clarion radio?
A2. The system is not designed to share the SR150's antenna signal with the marine entertainment system. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. In short, you will need to connect the SR150's audio output port to the AUX input port of an entertainment system. SiriusXM Channel Selection may be accomplished via the Audio application of LightHouse 3 v3.6.32.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply