Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom new UAVapp compatibility with latest DJI mavic 2pro
10-10-18, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-18 03:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom new UAVapp compatibility with latest DJI mavic 2pro
I have an Axiom with the latest firmware including the new UAV app and I also have the latest DJI mavic 2 pro UAV released end august 2018.
The Axiom UAV app does work OK with the older DJI mavic pro which is going to be discontinued soon by DJI but it does not work properly with the new mavic 2 pro, compatibility is only very partial at best and this make for dangerous flying’ thus making the use of your app with the latest mavic 2 pro effectively impossible.
It is a tremendously good idea to include this UAV app in the Axiom and considering the mavic pro is the most used UAV in the world by far, this compatibility choice was originaly the best, however, considering that the mavic pro will be soon replaced by the mavic 2 pro, I would suggest that you update the UAV app to be fully compatible with both the mavic pro and the mavic 2 pro.
Those two UAV’s are in fact very similar and making this upgrade should be easy and fast because DJI has already released the software develloper kit for the mavic 2 pro which is very similar to the Mavic pro SDK that you used to devellop your exsting UAV app.
I therefore suggest that you forward this request to your engineers because the existing mavic pro will be soon Discontinued and replaced by the mavic 2 pro.

I congratulate you again to have implemented this very innovative UAV app which put you one more step forward from your competition.

Best regards

Serge CAMPLAN
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-18, 03:13 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom new UAVapp compatibility with latest DJI mavic 2pro
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Serge,

Thanks for your feedback and feature suggestion regarding the Axiom UAV feature. Raymarine does not support use of this feature with any model of DJI drone other than those specified within Chapter 15: UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) app of the LightHouse 3.6 Advanced Operation Instructions for use with the Axiom UAV feature. Please click here to view a FAQ in which I had previously addressed the subject of support for additional Mavic drones.
10-11-18, 02:41 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-18 07:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for your reply Chuck

Thanks also for the file included in your FAQ which is very well donne and is a very good addition to the advanced opérations instructions, in fact it should be included in the advanced operations instructions.

For your info, the existing UAV app is already partially compatible with mavic 2 pro but sometimes générates somme strange réactions due to minor différences between the mavic one and two firmwares.
I therefore hope that your engineers will soon make the small update to make the UAV app compatible with all versions of the mavic pro.
I the mean time, for drone operations on my boat, I will keep my old mavic pro and wait for your update to use my new mavic 2 pro

Note also that the existing DJI mavic control app running on iPhone and iPad (DJI go 4) can also do all the features of the Axiom app and much more but this is not really easy to program for inexperienced pilots therefore your Axiom app is a very good addition because it does make flying a drone from a boat much easier, safer, enjoyable and fun.

Best regards

Serge CAMPLAN
05-24-19, 10:27 AM
Hallo,
Any news on this?

//Robert
05-28-19, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 02:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Robert,

As indicated within specified within Chapter 17: UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) app of the LightHouse 3.9 Advanced Operation Instructions and within the software history table of the LightHouse 3 for Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs Software Update web page, Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs running v3.9.46 or later software support has been added for DJI Mavic 2 Pro / Mavic 2 Zoom UAVs.
05-29-19, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-19 03:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck,

I just upgraded to v 3.9.46 and it works fine with my Mavic 2 zoom
Congratulations for your good follow up of customers suggestions

Thank again and regards

Serge
05-29-19, 03:28 PM
You're welcome.
06-17-19, 02:29 AM
Chuck,
Is there any work being done to include Mavic 2 Pro Enterprise to the list of usable DJI drones within the LH III OS UAVapp?
Curious as I am a first responder and this drone platform could be useful to us and our marine operations.
Thanks again for all the insight and knowledge you and the team of moderators bring to the forum.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-17-19, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-17-19 08:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum OscarTango,

Raymarine has not yet announced support for any UAVs other than those listed within the Compatible UAVs section of Chapter 17.2 UAV app overview of the LightHouse 3.9 Advanced Operation Instructions. A feature request will be logged to consider support for DJI's Mavic 2 Pro Enterprise.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.