Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] e127 GO TO WPT navigation best method?
10-15-18, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-18 01:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] e127 GO TO WPT navigation best method?
How best to navigate using GO TO to a WPT? Before this unit I had a standalone third party chartplotter that gave both heading and COG and was easy to use because you could keep the boat aimed at the heading, and wind and current effects would be seen as the actual COG. The heading information allowed me to keep the bow of the boat pointed to the WPT with less zig zagging.

How then is best way to navigate to a WPT? When we tried it last weekend I was zig zagging back and forth trying to keep the best COG to the WPT since I was not given a heading to approximate.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-18, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-18 01:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] e127 GO TO WPT navigation best method?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum On Time,

When the operator of a MFD executes a Go To Waypoint / Cursor or Follow Route command, a dashed course line will be rendered from the vessel icon to the destination waypoint. Doing so will also cause the Bearing to Waypoint (BTW) data item to be populated with the numerical value of the bearing. This data item may be added to the Databar, a Databox, or to a data cell within the Data application. Should one display the COG vector and extend it to infinity, then one would simply adjust steer the vessel in a manner which would keep the COG vector overlaying the course line. One additional aid for such operation would be the pre-configured Navigation panel of the Data application.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply