Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Course Vector
10-15-18, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-18 01:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Course Vector
Our boat has a E120W MFD installed in 2010. Our GPS receiver (Raystar 125) failed and was replaced with an RS 150 GPS Receiver. All GPS related information in the MFD Databar (VES POS, COG and SOG) displays correctly. However, the Course Vector on the chart is not displayed. I also note that the Heading Vector is now green in color - I think it used to be red in color. I have ensured the COG Vector is selected "ON" via the Menu>Chart Setup>2D Setup menu. Ideas on how to retrieve the Course Vector?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-18, 02:06 PM
RE: [CA11] Course Vector
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ibehel,

When seeking to view vectors, it is recommended that the Vectors initially be configured to be of INFINITE length. Please note that the COG Vector is and always has been colored green within Raymarine MFDs. COG is generated from GPS data. As such, it will essentially have no meaningful value unless the vessel is underway and making way. The Heading data item and correspondingly the Heading Vector are supported only if the vessel has been interfaced to source of Heading data. The Heading Vector is an always has been colored red within Raymarine MFDs. In most systems supporting heading, the source of such data will be an autopilot or instrument compass. Heading data is not produced by most GPS sensing devices, including the internal GPS sensors within some Raymarine's MFDs and external Raymarine GPS sensors.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply