Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Lighthouse III on eS 98 together with one Axiom questions
10-27-18, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-18 10:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Lighthouse III on eS 98 together with one Axiom questions
I have two es98 MFDs and one ole e7 MFD. I think about exchanging the e7 against an Axiom and updating the es98 to Lighthouse III.

It's a steel boat. The Axiom would be inside, the two es98 MFDs are at the outside helm. A Quantum is connected via Wifi to one of the es98, which is also the data master. All MFDs are networked via Raynet.

After reading FAQs and documentation I have the following questions:

1.) Does the es98 have an equivalent performance in day-to-day operations like zooming a chart, switching between apps, reaction on touch input after updating to Lighthouse III? Or is Lighthouse II notable faster on these MFDs?

2.) I'm aware that it's recommended to make the Axiom MFD the data master and connect that to the SealTalkNG (NMEA2000) network. I can do that. But the Quantum would still need to be connected via Wifi to one of the es98 MFDs since it's Wifi signal would not reach the Axiom MFD (which is inside the steel hull).

Furthermore, a Raymarine CAM200 is connected to the other es98, which I cannot change.

Is this configuration supported so that every MFD has access to everything (es98 using charts from Axiom, Axiom using Quantum and CAM200 connected to es98 MFDs, each es98 MFD Quantum/CAM200 connected to the other es98)?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-18, 11:08 AM
RE: [CA11] Lighthouse III on eS 98 together with one Axiom questions
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum JBuss,

Q1. Does the es98 have an equivalent performance in day-to-day operations like zooming a chart, switching between apps, reaction on touch input after updating to Lighthouse III? Or is Lighthouse II notable faster on these MFDs?
A1. Performance (speed of operation) of the eS-Series MFDs running LightHouse II software and eS-Series MFDs running LightHouse 3 software will be similar.

Q2. I'm aware that it's recommended to make the Axiom MFD the data master and connect that to the SealTalkNG (NMEA2000) network. I can do that. But the Quantum would still need to be connected via Wifi to one of the es98 MFDs since it's Wifi signal would not reach the Axiom MFD (which is inside the steel hull).
A2. Noted. It is indeed permissible to pair one of the eS-Series MFDs (non-Data Master MFDs) with the Quantum radome to then permit this radar resource to be shared among the system's eS-Series MFDs and Axiom MFD.

Q3. Furthermore, a Raymarine CAM200 is connected to the other es98, which I cannot change.
A3. Note. Video from the CAM200 should be accessible to each of the system's MFDs, as long as the MFD to which the CAM200 has been interfaced is switched ON.

Q4. Is this configuration supported so that every MFD has access to everything (es98 using charts from Axiom, Axiom using Quantum and CAM200 connected to es98 MFDs, each es98 MFD Quantum/CAM200 connected to the other es98)?
A4. Yes. That said, eS-Series MFDs will not support the Apps feature which will be exclusively supported by the Axiom MFD.
10-29-18, 01:35 PM
Thank you very much for the perfect answers!
10-29-18, 03:05 PM
You're welcome.