Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution EV-100 Wheel pilot system
04-28-16, 03:59 PM
RE: Evolution EV-100 Wheel pilot system
OK, yes that was my mistake,

I revised the diagram to show that leg of the 5 way is a 9 foot spur cable and the spur cable between the MFD and the P70 is a 3 foot spur

I hope this final review will say I am good to go, thanks Chuck...

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Raymarine Seatalk Diagram April 2016. Rev. D.pdf (Size: 17.6 KB / Downloads: 346)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-16, 08:04 AM
jefndeb,

The latest diagram appears correct. You're welcome.
04-29-16, 09:14 AM
So just so I understand, the spur cable running from the 5 way in combination with the 3 foot spur going between the P70 and the e7 MFD needs to stay below 15 feet total?

I am thinking that I might buy two short spur open ended cabled and splice them as the possibility of running through my binnacle is daunting indeed, the power cable for the MFD is so fat its hard to route stuff through there, I know as an OEM you cannot approve of splicing this but I am an aerospace electrical engineer and am able to do this fine.

And as far as circuit breakers go, all I will have to add is one for the ACU?

Please take a gander at this final diagram one last time to verify I am golden for the project..

One last question, i have never heard of a 9 axis system, is there a list of all of these ?

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Raymarine Seatalk Diagram April 2016. Final .pdf (Size: 17.3 KB / Downloads: 338)
04-29-16, 11:04 AM
Q1: So just so I understand, the spur cable running from the 5 way in combination with the 3 foot spur going between the P70 and the e7 MFD needs to stay below 15 feet total?

A1: Negative. The spur cable running from the 5 way in combination with the 3 foot spur going between the P70 and the e7 MFD needs to stay below 5m (16.4ft).

Q2. And as far as circuit breakers go, all I will have to add is one for the ACU?
A2. It is recommended that the ACU be powered by a dedicated circuit. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q3. Please take a gander at this final diagram one last time to verify I am golden for the project..

A3. The diagram appears correct.

Q4. One last question, i have never heard of a 9 axis system, is there a list of all of these ?

A4. Negative. From the standpoint of user accessible data, the 9 axis gyro will permit heading, heal angle (Tilt), and rate of turn data.
05-02-16, 07:39 AM
Good morning Chuck,

The install of this EV-100 went good this weekend, i wanted to confirm something that I realized while running Ng cables,

My diagram showed a "new" spur run from the new 5 way to the P70, however I realized I already had a spur running from the Ng converter to the e7, so I simply moved that spur to the P70 and a then added a short jumper spur to the e7 and it all worked fine, I did the dockside wizard and it all checked good.

Looking at the updated diagram is this ok with you?

I even updated the Software to the ACU via the wireless option on the e7, pretty cool....

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Raymarine Seatalk Diagram April 2016. Rev. F.pdf (Size: 18.18 KB / Downloads: 370)
05-02-16, 09:42 AM
jefndeb,

The updated diagram is indeed correct.