Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Speed no run with D800/P17 and itc-5
04-01-19, 04:22 PM
RE: [DG11] Speed no run with D800/P17 and itc-5
Hello, I have an i70s, bidata and wind sensor, and ITC-5.
Wind, temp and depth readings are ok, but not speed (the only reading received is 0.0)

I checked ITC-5, and green light is constantly lit on.
I checked ITC-5 with another speed sensor and reading was ok.

I took sensor out off hull, the wheel has no obstruction, then spinned the wheel and still receive 0.0 reading.
In an official dealer I updated the sensor´s software version.

Only twice, after receting the unit (unpluging or switching on/off all instruments) I received some wrong readings. Speed went erratically from 3 knots to more than 20 knots and then back to 0.0. (My boat is a sailboat,... so 20knots is impossible)

I checked all cables, and connectors are well connected (there is conductivity between connector´s end and calbe), and they are firmly connected to the ITC-5.

All this checks were made at the local dealer (Baron SA I live in Argentina)

This is the second time this happens to me. I never had a correct speed over water reading.
On march 2018 I bought all my electronics: MFD A97, i70s, p70s, ACU 100 with tiller type1, tridata, anemometer sensor and RMK10.
I would like to remark that all instruments work correctly, except speed sensor.
On august 2018 I finished installing all equipment, made the claim on the local dealer and the sensor was replaced with no problems.
In this opportunity I was told that they were going to send the consult to Raymarine, but as this was the second time this problem is experienced in the same sensor type, they didn´t know if the replacemente was going to be approved.

Can you please tell me how to proceed?.
Best regards.
Francisco
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11] Speed no run with D800/P17 and itc-5 - francisco - 04-01-19 04:22 PM