Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Speed no run with D800/P17 and itc-5
04-02-19, 06:12 AM
RE: [DG11] Speed no run with D800/P17 and itc-5
Hi Francisco,

Is the speed transducer just for speed or is it both speed, temperature and depth?

If it is a separate speed, check it is correctly connected to the itc-5, is water temperature being displayed correctly on the i70s?

If yes, then please check the MDS (Multiple data source) selection in the i70 and check that the speed is selected to the itc-5.

It is possible that the system thinks that the Tridata is the master and since it is not connected to the speed transdcuer, you will only see 0.00 on the i70s.

regards
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-19, 03:44 PM
Hi Derek,
The speed transducer is the same for depth and temperature.
Connections are ok, each cable color matches with each itc-5's pin.
In MFD I entered in configuration and forced the unit to search for the transducer.

As I told you in my previous post, in the local dealer they checked the ITC-5 using an MFD (not mine but one from the shop), first with my (speed/temp/depth) transducer. In this case speed appeared 0.0. Then they used one of their (speed only) transducers with which speed was shown correctly.

If you think the last point of your post "... the system thinks that the tridata is de master..." is the solution, please explain me how to do this step or let me know where to find it in the user manual.

Best regards
Francisco
04-05-19, 07:02 AM
Hi Francisco,

I have attached a pdf of the instructions for an ST60+ tridata to switch between Master and Repeater.

Regards
Derek

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Tridata master or repeater.pdf (Size: 84.33 KB / Downloads: 209)
04-05-19, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-19 09:57 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Derek,
I have an i70s, so do not have speed and depth button for carrying on with the setup you sent me.
Anyway, (sorry for my english) perhaps my explanation was a little confusing.
My installation setup is as follows: one DST800 transducer, 1 ITC-5, one i70s MFD, one a97 MFD.

In my i70s I can see accurate depth and water temperature but NOT SPEED. Speed appears as 0.0
On the ITC-5 I can see depth and speed lights constantly lit on.

I went to a local dealer (in Argentina), they runned a system actualization and then tested the ITC-5 and confirmed me that it works fine (they tested it with a new speed sensor).
When they tested it with my transducer it still shows 0.0 speed.

Wheel spins ok. Cables have no scratches.

On my boat, I made the i70s serch for the transducer. It found the DST-800 and I tried to run the speed calibration (it showed 0.0), when I tried to do the manual calibration using + and -, numbers didn't change... always 0.0

As I told you, depth and temperature are ok.

This is the second time I have this probem.

Best regards.
Francisco
04-08-19, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-19 10:14 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Francisco,

Thankyou for the system description,

There are two possibilities, first try to access the MDS - multiple data source Selection in the i70s, this will enable you to select the itc-5 as the source of speed data from the DST800 transducer. Even if it is selected, please select it again because this will inform the rest of the network what the correct selection for boat speed is.

if this does not work, please check the connections in the itc-5, make sure the screen/ shield of the DST800 is ONLY connected to the Depth connections and NOT to the speed.

Please see the attachment for further information.

Thanks
Derek

Attached File(s)
.pdf  iTC-5-and-DST-800-Connection-instructions-EN.pdf (Size: 281.96 KB / Downloads: 221)