Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Temperature reading problem
10-31-18, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-18 09:37 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Temperature reading problem
I’ve been experiencing a perplexing issue with my sea water temperature reading on my Axiom 9 running Lighthouse 3. When I populate a field to display sea temperature is displays a temperature much higher than actual ie: 106 degrees.

When I enter the transducer tab settings, at calibrate temp, the temperature is displayed properly, ie, 62 degrees. However, this is not the temperature that is displaying on either my Axiom or i70s.

I have both a T70226 i70s corepack which includes my DST tranducer through iTC-5, and a CPT-110 Downvision Transducer. I believe they both provide sea temperature.

I’ve tried disconnecting the temperature wires, White and Brown, at the iTC-5 to see if this would correct the problem. This did seem to correct the temperature reading, however, in doing so we lost our speed reading.

Do you have another solution that we should try?

P.S. Drone integration with the Axiom; We love it! Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-18, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-18 09:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Temperature reading problem
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Addison,

Please click here to view a related FAQ addressing this subject. Unfortunately, instrument temperature is given a higher priority than fishfinders within a system. Also, the iTC-5 links instrument temperature and instrument speed to one another. As you have indicated disconnecting the instrument temperature transducer from the iTC-5 will cause instrument speed to no longer be sense. As LightHouse 3 does not presently support Data Sources selection for water temperature, this problem may only be corrected by replacing the faulty speed/temp insert of the DST instrument transducer. A feature request has been logged to consider addition of temperature to the Data Sources selection feature.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply