Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] AIS 700 operating manual
11-06-18, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-18 02:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] AIS 700 operating manual
I'm in the market for an AIS system. On the Raymarine website, you can download the installation instructions for the AIS 700 but I can't find an operating manual anywhere. I'd like to read this to see whether the AIS 700 would be suitable for my needs. Would anybody know where I might get the operating manual? Also, could anyone tell me what kind of alarm(s) the system supports. My C series chart plotter (from 2011) sits at the back of the cockpit and I'm wondering what kind of AIS alarm could be set up to be heard in the saloon, while I'm resting (primarily a solo sailor)?
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-18, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-18 02:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] AIS 700 operating manual
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Srah1953,

Raymarine has produced three generations of MFDs which were commonly referred to as C-Series MFDs. These were the
- C-Series Classic MFDs (C70, C80, C120)
- C-Series Widescreen MFDs (C90W, C120W, C140W)
- c-Series MFDs (note the letter case) (c95, c97, c125, c127)
All of these products featured support for AIS features when properly interfaced to an AIS receiver or AIS transceiver.

Like all of Raymarine products which do not feature a user interface, the product is only supplied with an installation guide. The AIS features are resident within Raymarine MFDs and Multifunction Instrument Displays (MFIDs) and are correspondingly documented within the user's guides for those products. Accordingly, you will find information concerning a C-Series Classic MFD's AIS features within the latest version of the C-Series Classic MFD Reference Manual.

The AIS700 is compatible with Raymarine C-Series Classic MFDs as well as C-Series Widescreen MFDs. As the A/C/E-Series Classic MFDs were only capable of processing AIS information received via the MFD's NMEA 0183 communications interface, it would be necessary to interface the C/E-Series Classic MFD's NMEA 0183 Cable to the 38400 BAUD NMEA 0183 communications leads of the AIS700's Power/NMEA 0183/Silent Mode Cable. The C-Series Widescreen MFDs were capable of capable of processing AIS information received via the MFD's NMEA 0183 communications interface or its SeaTalkng communications interface.

Of the MFDs listed above, only the C-Series Widescreen MFDs featured support for an auxiliary piezo electric alarm horn. Such horns may be fitted to the MFD's Power/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183/Alarm Cable. Instructions for doing so may be found within Chapter 3.7 - Alarm connection of the C-Series Widescreen Multifunction Display Installation Instructions.
11-07-18, 01:34 AM
Thank you for speedy and helpful response
11-07-18, 09:00 AM
You're welcome.