Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] conflict between the autopilot and GPS.
11-09-18, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-18 10:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] conflict between the autopilot and GPS.
Hi,

My name is Felipe, I am engeneer of Marine Express Brazil and we are Distributor of Raymarine. I have a question about autopilot, Could you help me?

We have a client with a problem and we could not find any reference about this error, the client has a simple system installed, 1 MFD E127, GPS antenna RS130 and SPX-30 autopilot.

The problem is the GPS work intermittent when the autopilot is plugged on seatalkNG network. Usually the GPS works 30 minutes and lose the signal, we tested the internal and external GPS without sucess. We updated all the system and didn't work.
Our techniccian unplugged the autopilot from seatalkNG and the GPS work properly.
Is there something to do to try solv this problem?

Please see attached the picture of error.

I hope your answer

Best regards

Felipe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-18, 10:57 AM
RE: [CA11] conflict between the autopilot and GPS.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Felipe,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, the MFD's Data Sources feature may be exercised after temporarily disconnecting the offending device(s) from the backbone until the Data Sources feature has been successfully configured to manually specify that the Raystar 130 be used as the system's GPS, GPS Datum, and Time and Date data source. It is additionally recommended that one ensure that SPX autopilots have been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates when used with MFDs running LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software.
11-09-18, 11:07 AM
But the problem is not setup the gps, is after that, when we plug the autopilot is turned on setalkNG network the GPS work for 30 minutes and lose the signal, if the autopilot is not turned on the gps doesn't lose the signal. We updated all the system.
11-09-18, 11:16 AM
Felipe,

Try switching OFF the MFD's internal GPS receiver. Should the problem persist, then please products and respond with the Diagnostics...html file from the system.