Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] gps data conversion, nmea0183 to seatalk to seatalk ng to neme 2000
11-18-18, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-18 11:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] gps data conversion, nmea0183 to seatalk to seatalk ng to neme 2000
Hi everyone,
my boat has a head instruments based on an old sea talk raymarine system with a st60multi and a st40. I upgrade in the last years with an evolution autopilot and a garmin gnx 120 masthead display.
I used to convert the gps nmea0183 data from my old garmin gps 128 to the sea talk network with the st60multi. Also the autopilot recognize the gps data in his seatalkng network, but i cannot read the gps sentences in the garmin nmea2000 network.
Is there a problem in the translation of the gps data or in the conversion?
Thank you,
Simone from Italy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-18, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-18 11:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] gps data conversion, nmea0183 to seatalk to seatalk ng to neme 2000
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Simone

Raymarine's Evolution Autopilot components are designed to support SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications and are designed to be interfaced to one another via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which most commonly has been constructed from SeaTalkng networking components. In order to interface the ST60/ST40 instruments, the SeaTalk bus which is presently interfacing these instruments to one another must be disconnected from its present source of power. A SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter which has been update with the latest available Raymarine product software update will be installed as a backbone component within the system's currently installed SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000. The SeaTalk bus including the ST40/60 instruments will then be interfaced to the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter via the supplied SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Conveter Cable. Should the supplied SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable not be of sufficient length, then it may be interfaced to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block which in turn may be interfaced to the ST60 instrument via an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable having a press-fit 3-pin connector on each end.

If one of the backbone's spur sockets is located within 1m of the third party device supporting NMEA 2000 communications (ex. Garmin GNX 120, etc.) then third party device may be interfaced to the backbone spur socket via an A06073 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalkng to DeviceNet (F) Cable. If no available backbone spur socket is located within 1m of the third party device supporting NMEA 2000 communications, then the existing backbone will need to be extended to within 1m of the third party device.

If interfaced in the manner specified and should your third party product not display data from the Raymarine system, then please attach a system diagram to your response to this thread. The diagram should identify the makes/model of all products which have been interfaced, how they have been interfaced, and the current version of software within any Raymarine product having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface. The latter may be accessed via the Evolution autopilot's control head via the command sequence MENU->SET-UP->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT SYSTEM.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply