Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] "Download has halted..."
11-13-18, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-18 10:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Sad [CA11] "Download has halted..."
Hello Raymarine!

Its been a while :) I re-purchased a Lighthouse chart set (NOAA Raster East US) and added the NV Caribbean charts to my purchase last night. The Lighthouse Installer ap starts up OK, I enter my ID & password OK, it then shows the two chart sets correctly. I selected and downloaded the NOAA charts to my card last night, but when I selected the NV charts, the ap errored out with "Download has halted due to a loss of Network connection". It was late, so I gave up and tried again this morning.

This morning I decided I should make sure I had the latest version, so I downloaded 1.2.2.3 and installed it, restarting my laptop. This ap, however shows the same error when I try to download the NV chartset.

I'm in a marina [Bald Head Island, NC] using their wifi, and it seems to be working fine otherwise. Other details, in case they matter: e95 running V19.03 (the latest & last), micro SD card that I've been using for many years (and which is working fine in the MFD) with more than 8 GB of free space.

Is there some peculiarity with my setup that is causing this error? Why did the NOAA download work OK?

Thanks!

Hartley
S/V Atsa
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-18, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-18 10:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] "Download has halted..."
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Hartley,

After commanding the LightHouse Manager to download the NV charts, how much time transpires before the reported error message is reported by the LightHouse Manager?
11-13-18, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-18 11:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck,

A few seconds - sometimes maybe 3 or 4, occasionally 10-12 seconds.

I just tried it again, and while I could start the NOAA Raster download again (first try!), the NV always gets me the error.

Hartley
11-13-18, 11:12 AM
Hartley,

We had a similar report last week with a customer who was attempting to download the LightHouse NV Charts. The problem appears to be rooted within accessing these charts from the server (i.e. an problem which is internal to the Charts Store). It is recommended that this problem be reported to the Chart Store's support team (support@charts.raymarine.com) to permit them to correct this issue. In constructing the e-mail message to be sent, it is recommended that a copy of this thread be included.
11-13-18, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-18 01:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks, Chuck!

I just sent the email, we will see what happens. Fortunately, I won't need the Caribbean charts for a bit yet :)

Hartley
S/V Atsa
11-22-18, 02:19 PM
Hi Chuck,

Well,we may never know... The folks at support@charts.raymarine.com couldn't make NV chart download work while I was at the marina in NC (Bald Head Island) while the NOAA charts downloaded just fine.
So we jumped on a weather window and headed South, and when we got to Florida, the download went just fine here at my Mother-in-law's house (!).

Something about the Internet service there just didn't agree with NV charts...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hartley
S/V Atsa
11-23-18, 10:51 AM
Hartley,

I'm glad to learn that you were eventually successful. Thanks for the follow-up.